PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!! micro sprint set up

detato
01-01-2009, 11:04 PM
I put the car back together with the same set up as it was. I did however put a little wider of a rear axle in then the other one. I didn't realize the splinging is shorter on both sides in. I am having problems with the RR mounting on the hub. It won't clear with the way the car was set up. I had to take the wheel hub out of the center of the wheel and put a dished one on the back of the inside to get it to clear the sprocket hub. And even then it is really close! I didn't adjust any of the radius rods at all. It went right back together the way it was. can you run the car that way and be confident? Or is there another way around this? Also, should you run special spacers in against the end of the splined axles? Or is that just a preference? Also, were do you want to use the tapered axle spacers? Only behind the axle nuts? Please help me out.................

RedTail Racing
01-04-2009, 10:44 PM
If you scan in as a close up on the rear axle you will see what we were talking about regarding the spacers and the setup on the left -vs the right side.
Ken

HyperMotive Racing
01-05-2009, 08:15 AM
whatever the difference in the center width of the axles was from old to new, you will have to adjust half of that, more or less, in spacers on the new axle. Looks like the center on the new axle is wider, therefore half of the difference will need to be removed (via spacers) from each side.

And yes, the tapered spacers are used next to the wheel nut.