Spar 700

Thread: Brake Issue

Default Brake Issue

I have tried to bleed my brakes on my rts 600 and it is not working, is there a specific way that you have to bleed these brakes? cause the way im doing isnt working, thanks

Blog Entries

If you have the small master cylinder take a piece of clear braided fuel line, take the cap off the master cylinder fill with fluid, have one person open the bleeder screws, then hold the fuel line against the spot where the cap will go and blow into it, when you have a steady stream of fluid close the bleeder screws, when done refill with fluid. I have an rts 270 the first week i had about 15% brakes, we bled them this way and i had more stopping power than ever.

Blog Entries

dont know if this is right but it works for me. Bleed the brakes as well as you can. Then fill the master cylinder and lift the rear up just a little bit and let it sit over night. All the air burps out over night. Dont forget to leave the bleeder open and cap off. In the morning you may need to refill the master and let it sit for another night. All depends on how well you had the system bled. theres my 2 cents take from it what u will.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by APOLLO_80JR View Post
    dont know if this is right but it works for me. Bleed the brakes as well as you can. Then fill the master cylinder and lift the rear up just a little bit and let it sit over night. All the air burps out over night. Dont forget to leave the bleeder open and cap off. In the morning you may need to refill the master and let it sit for another night. All depends on how well you had the system bled. theres my 2 cents take from it what u will.
    Not to be smart but thats not a good thing to be doing. Brake fluid atracks moisture which is not good for the system.

Default Bleeding brakes

Sometimes you have to unbolt the rear caliper and rotate it forward to get all of the air to the top 1 or 2 times should work . It is usually the bottom bleeder that causes the problem. Tilting it forward gets the air to the top of the bottom ones. Hope this helps.

Remove the brake floater radius rod, position the caliper so the bleeders are perfectly level up and down. Top the master cylinder off, pump the brakes then hold the pedal down, with the pedal still held down open only the TOP bleeders one at a time, tighten the bleeder before releasing the pedal, repeat untill all the air is out of the system. Tighten the bleeders and reinstall the floater rod, top the master cylinder back off and you are good to go!! Double D is right all brake fluid is hygroscopic.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Michetti View Post
    Remove the brake floater radius rod, position the caliper so the bleeders are perfectly level up and down. Top the master cylinder off, pump the brakes then hold the pedal down, with the pedal still held down open only the TOP bleeders one at a time, tighten the bleeder before releasing the pedal, repeat untill all the air is out of the system. Tighten the bleeders and reinstall the floater rod, top the master cylinder back off and you are good to go!! Double D is right all brake fluid is hygroscopic.
    Sounds like a good way to do it Michetti. I don't have a floater brake also i have a remote reservoir so all i have to do is open my bleeders and wait for the air to come out.