Spar 700
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandview

Default Grandview

A lot of work has been put into the Sunday Small Car Series at Grandview Speedway and the success now depends on race teams and the support that they show for the series. Dates have been named, some sponsors have been secured and decisions have been made, but all that does not matter unless teams show up. The series will start on April, 22nd and will feature the 600 Micros with wings, 270 Micros with wings, Slingshots and 600 Modified. The series will finish up with a “more money” race on September 23rd; the normal series will be every second last Sunday of the month.

There will not be an end of season payout however; race teams will have to run 4 out of the 6 races to be handicapped into the “more money” race in September”. When asked, Pete Knappenberger, the series Promoter, explained that this will be our thanks to the teams that support the series.”

“We will keep a “make shift” point system and keep track of the teams that support the series and then there will be a handicap to the top 15 teams, this handicap will guarantee the top 15 into the end of season race. Every team that shows up will have a chance to make the big show, but the teams that did not run the series will have to qualify into the “more money race”. We will start 28 cars in each feature so that will give 13 cars a chance to qualify.

During the season on a “normal day” of racing we will start 24 cars in the weekly features; there will be a weekly draw in order to set the field for qualifying, features will be then set by an inversion. The dates that the series will run will be as follows…
    •April 22nd
    •May 20th
    •June 17th
    •July 22nd
    •August 19th
    •September 23rd

Tentatively the plans are that the pit gate will open at 10 am, warm ups at 1pm and racing will take place at 2pm, pit entry will be $30 per person with no car entry fee being charged. Payouts will be typical of a small car purse with the Slingers collecting $250 for a win, 600 micros $350 for their efforts and 270's will also receive $350.

Fan admission will be $5.00 for ages over 16, 5-16 years of age $2.00 and under 5 free. The plan is to announce a pack the stands promotions and charge half price if you bring a stub from a race track from the area.

There will also be a couple weekly specials, buy 3 tickets and receive the fourth one for free, also on a weekly basis, if a fan comes to Grandview on Saturday night and then decides to come back to the track the following Sunday for the small car series they will receive $2.00 off of their admission on that Sunday.

There will be ticket giveaway’s to kids during the year along with tickets being given away at Grandview Speedway on a Saturday night, the series will offer tickets to area race tracks so that we can give fans the experience. The Racersroundtable.com mascot will be on hand for the kids, and Miss Racersroundtable.com will great fans at the front gate and also all the drivers that make their way to victory lane.

This is not the first time that small cars have raced at Grandview Speedway, years ago Ken Kreiger brought the 270 Outlaw series there with great success, and later on Diane Tobias brought them for another try. This will be first time for all four divisions to on the speedway at one time.

Mark Garmen has been named the series announcer with other spots being filled as we speak; if anyone is interested in helping out or interested in sponsoring the Sunday series please contact Promoter Pete Knappenberger at 484.866.5235.

Keep your eyes and ears open for more details coming soon... check out www.pjkproductions.com and www.racersroundtable.com for details.....

This is great news. Our 600 race team will be there for any and all races at the track. Thanks

Default Questionable

Sounds like a good idea. I wonder if you'll get full fields though. The track, in my opinion, is too big. More of a novelty than good racing is my thought. Day racing on a bigger track seems boring to me. I hope I'm wrong though.Great promotional ideas to get fans there. Series points would certainly help. I will definitely check it out, but I don't feel like it's a must see. It's great to see some people are still trying to make our sport even better. I wish you luck.

Any thoughts on Wingless 600's??? Be alot of fun on that track with no wings!!!!!

i like wild childs comment. i think 600 wingless is the way to go. i'm sure most of the teams that ran borgers speedway are looking for a place to race next year. maybe more than one race a month will satisfy that need.

thanks
    tex

What size is the track,and what type of rules for the 600s.

WOW ! ! Count us in.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SFM View Post
    What size is the track,and what type of rules for the 600s.
    SFM it's a high bank 1/3 of a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDRacing View Post
    SFM it's a high bank 1/3 of a mile.
    Sounds great, the SF/M team is looking forward to making a few shows,Thanks for the info D

they had a series similar to this at grandview back in the early to mid-nineties 270's winged.There were 80 or so cars that showed up and it was
    good racing