Spar 700

Default 7" Stroke Shocks on a 270

Has anyone used 7" stroke shocks on an RTS 270 Micro? I am worried about them bottoming out on the car.

I've got 6" on my RTS and there isnt much travel, so I'd say 7 will bottom out.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kidracer07 View Post
    Has anyone used 7" stroke shocks on an RTS 270 Micro? I am worried about them bottoming out on the car.
    What,s your reason for wanting to use 7" shocks.

We got a great deal on a set of Shadow Racing shocks and we didn't realize they were 7". Would like to find a way to use them as they are in great shape.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kidracer07 View Post
    We got a great deal on a set of Shadow Racing shocks and we didn't realize they were 7". Would like to find a way to use them as they are in great shape.
    Well now that you have them all you can do is try them. I would think you would have less trouble with them on the front then the rear. Just make sure you watch your shaft rubbers to see how much they may bottom out. If you find they won't work you can always sell them to somebody with a 600. Something else to look at if they came off of a 600 the valving may be to stiff for your 270.

they'll bottom out, tried it on the demon once and the mount points on the rear are real close to an RTS, you'll bounce the left rear off the shock body and the car will feel totally cookoo... hate to be the bearer of bad news on that one...
    If you ain't first then... well you ain't first