Spar 700
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wedge79 View Post
    Whats the best oil you guys had luck with ?
    I was thinking of running Lucas Synthetic gear oil in my tranny ?
    We run the Amsoil Severe Gear SAE 75W-95 works great change every 6 races.

which way would you go a closer gear ratio or further ratio on the big tracks also what about lighter shafts or clutch hub crank rod ect.

If you use 30 weight Trans oil you will have less spinning weight and I like the billet crank

I would rather warm the trans up and have the protection of the gear oil myself !
    We use to try the lite oils in a 4 speed drag car and lost gears so we ran gear oil and just warmed the trans up by running it on stands before the race.
    with the synthetecs out now I don't think your loseing power due to oil drag !

Thanks for all the replies. I quess what i thought was correct, I will upgrade the 5th gear and any worn parts and just keep it stock, thanks again.

i used to run 10w-30 motor oil in my trannies...never once had a problem in 2-3 years,but i heard some "stories" so i switched to mystic gear lube...have yet to have a problem with it! i tried regular "run-of-the-mill" 90 weight gear lube,all it did was cause hard shifting!

The 2002 solid 5th gear is the way to go but it has to be machined. Dby or rts should have them in stock.