Spar 700

Default Kawi 636 bogging down

I recently bought a 2006 Stallard 600 that has a 636 Kawasaki with Guhl injection. The motor runs great at idle, but Boggs down like crazy under a load. I just replaced the pump and fuel filter, and I have 97 lbs of fuel pressure. Can someone tell me whatís going on with this motor?

Default fuel pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke1 View Post
    I recently bought a 2006 Stallard 600 that has a 636 Kawasaki with Guhl injection. The motor runs great at idle, but Boggs down like crazy under a load. I just replaced the pump and fuel filter, and I have 97 lbs of fuel pressure. Can someone tell me whatís going on with this motor?
    fuel pressure should be 60

I just set it to 60 and itís bogging worse

Could be a bad throttle position sensor. Make sure your fuel filters are clean and your fuel pump is good I've had fuel filters I thought were clean by the eye they look clean but they weren't. It bogged down sounded like a motorboat under water. Good luck

Make sure your gauge is accurate. They will go bad from vibrating or sitting

Are all your exhaust pipes hot. Just wondering if maybe the car has been sitting for a while that you might have a stuck injector

make sure fuel filters are clean and in the correct position, different microns. also check for a bad connection, just had the same problem and found a bad connection at one of the coils