Spar 700

Default Cleaning 600 Injectors

I have an 08 Yamaha R6 600 motor and I want to get the injectors cleaned. My question is am I better off cleaning them on my own or taking them to someone like RTS or a motorcycle shop to get them cleaned?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RacerD3 View Post
    I have an 08 Yamaha R6 600 motor and I want to get the injectors cleaned. My question is am I better off cleaning them on my own or taking them to someone like RTS or a motorcycle shop to get them cleaned?

Thanks
    depends if you want them cleaned and flowed or just cleaned. You can easily clean them yourself if you have a wave to generate the injector with a power source, a simple push button and a 9 volt battery will do the trick. Now if you are experiencing an issue or its been awhile since you had the injectors cleaned I would send them somewhere to be flowed, and cleaned. They will be able to tell you whether the injectors are similar, or any issues.

Also depending where you are located, I would stick to a micro specific company as they know best for the micro needs. Ive had customers say they took their injectors to a motorcycle shop and they tried selling them all new stock ones or they said the injectors were missing the nylon screens and wanted to install them, etc. (ps those screens with swell after awhile when subjected to alcohol.

Hyper, Guhl, 600cc Performance all deal with injections on a day to day basis, and typically $10-15 per injector