Spar 700

Thread: 600 shock help

Default 600 shock help

Recently purchased a 600 Sprint car that was not put together and I'm trying to figure out the best corner to install the shocks that came with it,
    #1- 1compression-1rebound
    #2- 1compression-2rebound
    #3- 4compression-4rebound
    #4- 5compression-2rebound

Thanks for any advice

Senior Member Hunter Racing #7h's Avatar

I'd go with #1 RF, #2 LF, #3 LR, #4 RR. Understand that these shocks are way off in terms of valving but I think that's where I'd start. Depending on the brand and type of shocks you could send them to Austin at Hyper Racing and he could re-valve them to make them 100% better and it will make a HUGH difference. Shocks on a race car are EXTREMELY important.

Thanks for the info, can anyone steer me in the right direction for shock valving on each corner please

what kind of car? wing, nonwing? lots of variables. Most chassis manufacturers have recommended base setups on their websites

I have a 2014 Boss chassis non wing, just looking for a good starting point cause I honestly have no clue, was hoping what came with it would work but seems I was wrong, thanks again for any advice

What are the actual numbers on the shocks and what brand? A couple of these valvings seem like they are backwards.

The shocks are brand new Carreras, part#'s 6361 6361/2 6364 6365/2 tanks for the reply

Carreras/ARS lists rebound first, followed by compression. A shock that ends in 1/2 is a 1 rebound, 2 compression. The ones you have are fairly close and will be okay to start on and learn with.

Shock #1 is the LF, #2 is the RF, #3 is the RR and #4 is the LR.