Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first nite of 600 microsbeing on the weekly Schedule at Deerfield Ohio Raceway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the gun might be the best way . I understand that they can be wrong . Anyhow the speed really means nothing . You wanna know speeds , go to the drag race tracks and fall asleep watching speeds between two cars on tha race track . Why not come to Deerfield and show us your speeds compared to ours . This speed stuff and al this math and ETC. are for the computer geeks . Come to the track and show us some gearhead stuff . And I still don't doubt that we are turning the speeds that I was told about . Anyhow , the guy who was gunning us before did not show up this year so that part of all this is over . Like I say : I don't believe any of you can top our speeds and untill you come to show us ,we won't really know . Don't forget a lot of mathematicians and scientists said we couldn't land on the moon too . So what . Let's meet and race at Deerfield Ohio enjoy the racing and or shut up about all this nerd stuff . Ernie Gardina

Comment

I saw somewhere here that the Hawkracer has given us the way to settle all this . He has the electronic marvel that can tell our exact speed . That is if we have one which he does . Get Mr. Rutherford (the court jester ) to come over to Deerfield with his Yamaha till it goes up in smoke . Put this device in his car (since we pretty much know that he is faster than all of us ). Leave us in the dust and show just how fast a 600 micro can go . Maybe he can bring Mr. Schaeffer and Mr. Dicely with him . Maybe on their way to the nationals in Illinois . But I know that that would be beneath their dignity to try to get the 600s going here . Oh well . We''ll just keep on watching the nasa movies instead. Such excitement !

Comment

Ernie, for the record, I hope you guys can get some races going out there for yourselves. I just think its best to advocate on real merits instead of some fantasy land where a 600 goes 140mph. A 600 is not going 140. Its not going 130. Its not even breaking 100 especially, on a 1/4 mile. I've been on a 4/10 mile (Susquehanna) and we weren't even doing 95 there. Only way you're hitting 140 in a micro is with the wings off at Bonneville.

Comment

Need to sticky some of these so it stops coming up...

http://www.microracing.com/forum/sho...8-Speeds-at-TW

http://www.microracing.com/forum/sho...hp?16704-Speed
          Jamie Kostic

Comment

The only 139 the 600s can pull on a 1/4 mile is 139 KIlometers per hour! Not miles per hour! Yes at our 1/4 mile locally were within 1 second of sprintcars, we corner faster than sprintcars, but up the straights they are soooooo much faster, 8-900 horses and 600kg, vs our 140hp and 335kg. Power to wight u get the idea! The top cars will be lucky to pull 90 mph up the straights in a micro, there's no need to drum up the speed to make ur ego feel better, 90 mph wheel to wheel on dirt is bloody fast!! It's great news that the tracks afformentioned above a keen to run weekly, that's real good news to you guys, stick with the facts and you will have great turnout, lie and your credibility and success will show for it!
            Sean Henderson Racing.. Q73
            Sponsors..
            NQ crash and 4wd spares
            Intense lighting systems
            Intense racing engines
            Royal precision lubricants
            Wayne Leonard Motorcycles
            Reef Engineering

Comment

we were at selinsgrove saturday with the sprint car and the average speed (on the fastest half mile on the east coast) was 108mph.....so i would say at the end of the straight maybe 130mph.....ask grethy what 130 mph feels like......if you hit 130 mph in a 600 there would be more then a oil trail behind the car.....there would be a trail of piss as well
              Wayne Lesher

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdriver47 View Post
                Alright I'm going to clear a few things up here. I run a 600 micro all over Tn, Ga, In, and Il. Just about every make of 600 sportbike 04 and newer motors are fully capable of turning over 16000 RPM's. The older motors are up near 15000. Now that depends on what computer you are running. I know that when I run Clarksville we are turning low 14 second laps and Clarksville is a big 1/4 mile. We are the fastest cars on the track. And yes when the USCS sprinters run on there our times are really close. Yeah USCS sprints are 360's but I've seen a 360 win a 410 feature on a small track. I know that we are around the 115-120's for speed at the end of the straights. Im running a 69" RR that measures out at 71" with 9lbs. I don't think we are at 130-140 mph but we are not far off. I have not raced at Deerfield since the mid 90's and I don't know Ernie but you guys sure give him a hard time. I'm glad to see 600's running at Deerfield because that's another track I can add to the list of tracks I need to run this season. In my opinion Ernie is doing a good thing for Deerfield it gives the 270 guys another stepping stone to step up to a full size sprinter. I know that there were way more 600's at this passed shoot out than 270's.

I have raced Clarksville for 5yrs off and on I can promise you we aren't running that fast. First of all fast time qualifying is usually in the 12.6 range and I have used GPS and seen radar guns used neither one showed over 80 mph at the end of the straight. When I raced flattrack bikes we got to around 130 on the mile tracks so I know what it's like and these cars are not doing it

Comment

Just one more question for you 410 lovers . Which is faster , a cheeta or an elephant ? The big car guys answer is " an elephant for it's size is very fast '. My answer to that is , yah , and it's still an elephant .

Comment

Ok but a sprint car has a much better HP to Weight ratio over a micro and has better downforce. A 410's HP to weight ratio is around .58 while a micro's is .173. A sprint car will be faster at a track 99% of the time unless it is a small tight hairpin. Since we have all done the calculations and that there is basically no feasible way that you hit anywhere around 130 to 140 will you stop posting these outrageous numbers. Thank you, Brandon.

Comment

Working...
                    X