'89 Stallard Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '89 Stallard Help

Hi, I am new to micro sprint racing and in need of some help. I was traded an '89 Stallard with a 250 2 stroke right hand side drive. As I have seen and read it is difficult to set up a right hand drive car but it can be done. I was wondering if anybody could help and give me some pointers as to where to start with this setup. Also how difficult and what would be needed to switch this to a left hand side drive sprint?

As far as running it as it is & being compeditive i'm not going to say it can be done but with todays chassis that's going to be a hard road to go down. As for making that car left handed. If the car has been upgraded with newer components it would be much better for you to buy a left drive frame & body work & put your component on it.

Comment

I personally think that you can make any race car work... it just takes patience and a willingness to step outside of the box. (Meaning that you might not be able to run the same bars/setup as other racers are using.) The right hand car can be competitive depending on the size and type of track you are racing on. I still think my old right hand coil over chassis would be very competitive on some of the smaller slick tracks we race at. Unfortunately the guy that bought it, converted it to a left hand chassis before he ever drove it. When I asked him why he changed it, his reply was... right hand cars don't work. I asked him if he ever drove a right hand car and I got the deer in the headlights look. Point being is he changed the car before he ever drove it. Remember racing is a monkey see, monkey do business. If someone would win with a rear engine chassis everyone and their brother would have one within three weeks.

As for setup... how big of track? Coil over or torsion bar car? How much do you weigh?

Comment

The track is an 1/8th mile track. The stallard is a coil over suspension and i weigh about 200 lbs.

Comment

If you put the right stuff on any car would improve your chances of winning. good suspension and right adjustments do wonders with a quality built motor and ignition.

Comment

Buy for new bars also, is not you are pissing up hill and your feet are wet

Comment

Originally posted by westcoast250 View Post
              Buy for new bars also, is not you are pissing up hill and your feet are wet
              Westcoast what's he going to do with the bars when it's a coil over car.

Comment

Lol. Let me think about this one for a bit

Comment

Working...
                X