What is the top 600 chassis to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the top 600 chassis to buy

Going to get my son into micro sprint racing I don’t want to waste money on the wrong chassis I want to get the best money can buy so please give me your top pick thank you

People are going to tell you Hyper, but I highly recommend RTS and Triple X. I have an RTS and I LOVE it. I have a few friends that have Triple X's, and they are lightning quick. Hypers are fast, but they use thinner walled tubing on the frames to make them lighter and I don't trust the safety of them

Comment

Ok thank you I know I will not buy a triple x I’m not comfortable with cars made in China as safety goes. Do you have any thoughts on the d1 driven chassis , or a sawyer. The hyper chassis looks like a really nice car, but what chassis seams to be the fastest. In your eyes what’s the best engine to run, I really don’t care a bunch on reliably for year after year it’s a race motor and I would guess that every 5-6 races you would have to do a rebuild but I could be wrong about that I know nothing about them, just know when you push the limits thing seam to brake after so many races. Thanks for the info you have shared with me

Comment

Any one else have any thoughts

Comment

What part of country do you live in? What class('s) are you running? That should be a part of your decision. We have a Sawyer. As far as engines go depends on the class but if you change oil regularly and keep your filters clean they will last full season on rebuild. Many buy engine straight out of the bike and only change oil pan etc. and run with the best. Does Son have any prior racing experience? I suggest speaking with any Drivers at track you are going to be racing at and ask them questions. 99% of any Driver at any track will be happy to help you if you just ask. Micros are a different animal and very competitive class. Hope you have very deep pockets cause like any racing speed is very aligned with your budget!

Comment

Just my 2 cents. We ran Hyper's for 14 yrs. & loved them. Very well built car with great options . Eng. Yamaha R-6 from Adam's Performance.

Comment

We are in California, I’m thinking 600 restricted class. So the Yamaha engine is a solid motor to run good to know. Yes my son runs dirt karts so he has some experience with racing. I’m thinking of a budget of of 30-40k max for car and motor and spare parts, is my budget in the ball park for to top equipment? The hyper website looks like it’s easy to do business with then and has everything you could want for micro racing. I was thinking of a Yoshimura engine because they in CA, but I will look into the Adams engine. I know racing isn’t cheap but I raced back in the day and was a low dollar guy and had to be perfect to run up front and with a little luck get a win. I will not race that way with my boy. Thanks for the info much appreciated

Comment

with that kind of budget I will sell you my 2008 Hyper X4 with X6 upgrade to rear and spares

Comment

Snider,

Since you live in CA, you would be crazy not to look into a D1. Another CA builder that also builds beautiful crafted cars is PMP. Regardless, D1, PMP, Pace, Ten-J, CS9 are all built in CA. Farrell Frameworks is in WA and built out of Joe’s Racing Products shop. Then you also have XXX out of WA too. All seven of those modified watts link cars are similar and the parts are interchangeable for the most part. When you get into the wishbone cars like Hyper, Sawyer etc. they handle different and the parts aren’t as interchangeable as the other group.

Comment

Thanks for the info I will look into the ca cars

Comment

Working...
                    X