New racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New racer

Been around the northeast modified world as a pit crew member for 5 years looking into a 600 mirco sprint. What chassis is best? How much should I set aside for this car. Any help would be greatly appreciate
    Last edited by Hagerty111; 05-08-2020, 12:50 PM.

I am by no means an expert, but I like RTS and Triple X. Hypers are no doubt one of the fastest cars, but i do not trust the safety of them with the thinner walled tubing on the roll cage. With a hyper expect to spend about $20k for a complete brand new car, an RTS around $15k. Hypers tend to be more expensive than anything else, but if it were me id look for a newer used RTS wishbone or if you have to, z-link car. It all comes down to what you like and can make work. Its all down to the driver........

Comment

Originally posted by thenuber9car View Post
      I am by no means an expert, but I like RTS and Triple X. Hypers are no doubt one of the fastest cars, but i do not trust the safety of them with the thinner walled tubing on the roll cage. With a hyper expect to spend about $20k for a complete brand new car, an RTS around $15k. Hypers tend to be more expensive than anything else, but if it were me id look for a newer used RTS wishbone or if you have to, z-link car. It all comes down to what you like and can make work. Its all down to the driver........
      Is the diam. of the tube the same size? Hyper always used a larger diam. tube then anyone else.

Comment

It is the same diam., just different thickness of the tubing wall. They crumble like a tin can. There for a while they had a problem with the welds breaking

Comment

Originally posted by thenuber9car View Post
          It is the same diam., just different thickness of the tubing wall. They crumble like a tin can. There for a while they had a problem with the welds breaking
          Well that's all new to me ran Hyper's for 14 yrs.& loved them.

Comment

Working...
          X