Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech Talk/Reflashing ECU's/Ways to properly tech/Rules Changes needed? 600 & 1000'S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aparently there is atleast one person who can break into the code of the ECU and alter it. It is not easy to learn.
    Moose

Comment

Nobody really seemed to answer Jans question... Why cant we just get rid of the speed sensor plug so there is nowhere to plug it in? If we can eliminate this over rev in a gear thing thats one step closer. But we still have to get the tracks to tech.. I found it funny at a drivers meeting recently at track "XXX" they said they were going to tech for revs in race gear and sure enough about 3 or 4 cars hoods all of a sudden came off before warmups. However, nothing was ever teched. Perhaps we can all go to a stock box thats somehow sealed or something and kept at the racetrack and given out randomly as we sign in like transponders? I mean if we all just turn in a stock ecu at the track we are going to race at all year they can be checked and numbered to keep it fair? not very economical but at this point what is?!

Comment

Well for one, throw in different make and year ecus and you are well over a dozen. Now throw in that EVERYONE would have to run on gas. You can't run an un-modified ECU with alcohol. Only option is to tell everybody they HAVE to run a power commander. Sorry, but I like my kawi racing ECU just fine.

Not too mention, what if the 'track' ecu went up on me in the middle of the race. How fair is it that? And what would stop someone from hacking the ECU's in their pits?
        http://www.arronspahr.com/

Proud Member of the Yoo-Hoo fan club

Comment

you DONT have to run a power commander with your stock ecu on alky..... ive been running the last 3 weeks at path with a stock 04 with stock ecu stock rev limit and no power commander and we've been fairly competitive despite stupid shit knocking us out of races. All we did was bumped up the fuel pressure a few pounds.

and ofcourse all you guys that spent the money on your high dollar spar motors (no offense scott) and your rev boxes dont want to see this actually go to completely stock rev limit with stock boxes because that would take away your ability to over rev in race gear.

Comment

We initialy went with the stock box idea with the NYMM Series at the begining of the season. After we learned of these cheater boxes early in the season we debated back and forth on allowing the rev boxes again or keeping it the same.

As I said, if the AMA can not tech for all of these cheater boxes, I am waiting for a system that will. They simply make you pay an extra set amount of $$$ in their registration which pays for a stock box. It is then sealed and zip tied with a couple numeric tag seals that does not allow someone to plug a computer into the box, nor open the box. Any cut wires, spliced wires, or rewiring of anykind without the approval of the AMA to an near the box results in DQ.

I am all for Guhls GUTS system and I look forward to seeing it work. However I do feel that someone will find another way around it within a few weeks or months. A sealed/secure box is about the only way to really stop it.

We've also tossed around the idea of a "claimer" rule of sorts. Suspect someone of having one? Put up the $75 or so bucks and have your track/series buy a stock box, have the track/series put it on the car, tag it and seal it. Now some of these guys with the $500 hot box's that had them turned down to stock RPM's...sorry but we're not buying you a $500 race box.

Tossing boxes into a bucket is a great idea if, as HyperMotive said, they were all the same.

Our drivers pretty much said "oh well who cares" when it came down to allowing/dissallowing the box. If someone wants to win a race/championship cheating, that's on them. We are going to revisit this at the end of the year with the tracks here in NY and come up with some sort of rule package for us up here.

Comment

Originally posted by fasttrackin View Post
              ive been running the last 3 weeks at path with a stock 04 with stock ecu stock rev limit and no power commander and we've been fairly competitive despite stupid shit knocking us out of races. All we did was bumped up the fuel pressure a few pounds.
              HUH? Thats just a silly thing to do. It's like putting E85 ethanol in a gasoline car. Sure, it'll run, but at some point in time, it will burn up from being lean...

Originally posted by fasttrackin View Post
              and ofcourse all you guys that spent the money on your high dollar spar motors (no offense scott) and your rev boxes dont want to see this actually go to completely stock rev limit with stock boxes because that would take away your ability to over rev in race gear.
              I could honestly care less about the rev limit. if it was higher, we'd prolly still run stock. We already tanked one engine, bone stock, stock RPM. No need to play with fire. We've already seen that a properly set-up car more than makes up for a couple horses in a given situation.

Lets all go back to F3's on carbs, that'll take the rest of the fun out of it....

Comment

Originally posted by remyb View Post
                As I said, if the AMA can not tech for all of these cheater boxes, I am waiting for a system that will. They simply make you pay an extra set amount of $$$ in their registration which pays for a stock box. It is then sealed and zip tied with a couple numeric tag seals that does not allow someone to plug a computer into the box, nor open the box. Any cut wires, spliced wires, or rewiring of anykind without the approval of the AMA to an near the box results in DQ.
                And this box has to be plugged into the car harness to work... And if a computer could be tapped into the wiring harness of the car...Then it could still be hacked...

I now know why the sprint car world has cut the technology advancement of the fuel systems to the 1970's...

Comment

Working...
                X