Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AussieQ73
    replied
    To be honest Lawton 640 is not a good idea, atleast for the purpose of what u6sa is all about, the idea is to keep as many cars running at all times for all shows, u see a 640 engine costs a fair amount of money, not everyone that can afford a 600 micro can actually afford to run a 640, the good thing is you can be competitive for really next to nothing in the 600cc capped class, $100 for adjustable cam sprockets will go a long way to keeping a stocko engine up there each night, you gotta remember that cc cost dollars, (cubic horsepower) the more cc u have the higher the load on the bottom end, still putting all that load onto the factory bearings, not good, the lifespan of a big engine is much like a rotory engine, there fantastic for 5 mins then you need to get a second mortgage to stay in the game, i think the idea with what they are doing is great, maybe a few too many rules, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, this goes for everyone, don't be disillusioned into thinking that a few coatings is losing you races, they are very marginal gains that are made and your not going to get beat because you didn't have cryo this or coated that!! You get beat by shocks, by drivers,by years experience, thousands of laps, by pill draws, by qualifying and by setup

Leave a comment:

• lawton92
    replied
    In my opinion if u6sa wants to be taken seriously anymore. They need to have a black/ white rules package, voted and selected by a elected committee of track reps. Not including any engine builders or chassis builders. No offense to anyone in particular. Just keep it by racers for racers. Seems to get into gray areas when people making their living off this division. Furthermore.. If any racer is found illegal at any time for any infraction. They are banned for 2 weeks from that track, found cheating again in season all tracks using u6sa rules ban that car/ driver for season. Any ideas on how the tracks plan to tech for any now illegal coatings/ polished internal engine parts?? Just a perspective from 1 racer. I'm not opposed to going to outlaw rules either. 640cc, 800 lb winged. Good luck to all.

Leave a comment:

• lawton92
    replied
    Aussie that's a tremendous question! I'd love to see tracks do a legit tech after big races and random races. More than just a rev check w silly over rev tolerances. A limit is a limit... Its simple.

Leave a comment:

• AussieQ73
    replied
    Yeah, I worked out that you can put the gsxr 750/1000 cc cams into a gsxr 600, with the 1000 cams you get over 1mm more of lift on both cans, but they are still stock appearing and have the factory Suzuki part #

Leave a comment:

• Mrutherford
    replied
    I know Shane Lewis was checked once (and passed) for lift, but that was several years ago.

Leave a comment:

• rat
    replied
    I have yet to see a cam checked

Leave a comment:

• AussieQ73
    started a topic u6sa legal cams and testing

u6sa legal cams and testing

Just wondering how the tech inspectors are going about checking legality of camshafts in engines through tech? Is it even being checked?
Working...
X