rule 6c clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirttrackracer
    Pretty sure Jim stated that rem finishing/shot peening and coatings are allowed? I suppose that would include isotropic finishing also?
    So how is polishing not allowed? All he said was "machining" of gears and trans components to remove material thus shedding weight was illegal

Is there an engine builder/vendor on the rules and tech comittee ???
    Last edited by AussieQ73; 03-07-2015, 09:59 PM.
    Sean Henderson Racing.. Q73
    Sponsors..
    NQ crash and 4wd spares
    Intense lighting systems
    Intense racing engines
    Royal precision lubricants
    Wayne Leonard Motorcycles
    Reef Engineering

Comment

dirttrackracer
      Here are some facts:
      1. I fail to see where anyone has said they felt cryogenic was ok and the rest not ok?(kind of gave you away)
      2. I by no means am crying but if that's what you want to believe ok.
      3. I personally want to see these rules stay intact but as I stated before we are headed to a civil war.
      4. I am actively involved in central Pa. micro racing.
      5. If you would like to discuss this in person as civilized people I would gladly do so maybe that way what is typed would not need to be "clarified".

Comment

Just to clarify what I am trying to say. I know what Jim said and what is now allowed, my only comment to the negative feedback was, how can you not allow some other procedures to be done when some engine builders are cryogenic treating there gears and if I understand correctly, you can't detect that was done.

Comment

What other procedures exactly are you talking about?
          Sean Henderson Racing.. Q73
          Sponsors..
          NQ crash and 4wd spares
          Intense lighting systems
          Intense racing engines
          Royal precision lubricants
          Wayne Leonard Motorcycles
          Reef Engineering

Comment

What's the status of this.. Many rumours...

Comment

Here's a thought... The u6sa rules are a decent standard to go by. But who is actually doing tech at tracks that look for the polished or machined parts inside our engines. Dual mapping boxes or multiple rev limits in electronics is easy to find. But inside parts are much harder to really tech. Why not just go by outlaw rules 640cc w, 800lbs. U6sa has become kind of a joke being ruled by certain engine builders knowingly doing an "UNDETECTABLE" cryogenic treatment. If its legal why does it need to be undetectable at all? If anybody is caught cheating. First offense parked for 2 weeks, 2nd offense for any infraction banned by all u6sa tracks for rest of season.

Comment

.........read tightened rules in first post

Comment

I did download the updated version of rules regarding rules recently voted on. I'm personally glad to see that outcome. My concern is still and will remain that tracks most likely will not be doing any tech on these internal engines pieces being treated, coated, polished, spit shined, cryogenics, or rubbed in ultra go fast mystery liquid. We all know that engine builders in the area have been putting these treatments out there for awhile. Now its black/ white illegal... Are racers getting those illegal parts replaced w legal proper replacements??? We'll likely never know truly.. I would love to see better integrity amongst racers/ builders to build and only buy parts legal via the series your racing in. If I'm away off on my thoughts feel free to contact me. 570-336-8287.

Comment

Working...
                  X