Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawton92
    replied
    I did download the updated version of rules regarding rules recently voted on. I'm personally glad to see that outcome. My concern is still and will remain that tracks most likely will not be doing any tech on these internal engines pieces being treated, coated, polished, spit shined, cryogenics, or rubbed in ultra go fast mystery liquid. We all know that engine builders in the area have been putting these treatments out there for awhile. Now its black/ white illegal... Are racers getting those illegal parts replaced w legal proper replacements??? We'll likely never know truly.. I would love to see better integrity amongst racers/ builders to build and only buy parts legal via the series your racing in. If I'm away off on my thoughts feel free to contact me. 570-336-8287.

Leave a comment:

• U6SA Director
    replied
    .........read tightened rules in first post

Leave a comment:

• lawton92
    replied
    Here's a thought... The u6sa rules are a decent standard to go by. But who is actually doing tech at tracks that look for the polished or machined parts inside our engines. Dual mapping boxes or multiple rev limits in electronics is easy to find. But inside parts are much harder to really tech. Why not just go by outlaw rules 640cc w, 800lbs. U6sa has become kind of a joke being ruled by certain engine builders knowingly doing an "UNDETECTABLE" cryogenic treatment. If its legal why does it need to be undetectable at all? If anybody is caught cheating. First offense parked for 2 weeks, 2nd offense for any infraction banned by all u6sa tracks for rest of season.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra 14
    replied
    What's the status of this.. Many rumours...

Leave a comment:

• AussieQ73
    replied
    What other procedures exactly are you talking about?

Leave a comment:

• dirttrackracer
    replied
    Just to clarify what I am trying to say. I know what Jim said and what is now allowed, my only comment to the negative feedback was, how can you not allow some other procedures to be done when some engine builders are cryogenic treating there gears and if I understand correctly, you can't detect that was done.

Leave a comment:

• jeff 17
    replied
    dirttrackracer
    Here are some facts:
    1. I fail to see where anyone has said they felt cryogenic was ok and the rest not ok?(kind of gave you away)
    2. I by no means am crying but if that's what you want to believe ok.
    3. I personally want to see these rules stay intact but as I stated before we are headed to a civil war.
    4. I am actively involved in central Pa. micro racing.
    5. If you would like to discuss this in person as civilized people I would gladly do so maybe that way what is typed would not need to be "clarified".

Leave a comment:

• AussieQ73
    replied
    Dirttrackracer
    Pretty sure Jim stated that rem finishing/shot peening and coatings are allowed? I suppose that would include isotropic finishing also?
    So how is polishing not allowed? All he said was "machining" of gears and trans components to remove material thus shedding weight was illegal

Is there an engine builder/vendor on the rules and tech comittee ???
    Last edited by AussieQ73; 03-07-2015, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dirttrackracer
    replied
    So let me get this straight, cryogenic treatment isn't a modification but polishing is. Can't have your cake and eat it to. Nobody is aiming at one engine builder but don't allow something and disput another. As far as keeping the cost down in this class, you don't have to have this done, if someons wants to fine, let them spend there money. Lord knows it doesn't matter how many rules you make, if someone wants to charge thousands for a motor, they will as long as teams go along with it. Seems like the only people crying are the ones that aren't even in this class or guys that don't want others to have what they already have.

Leave a comment:

• AussieQ73
    replied
    Jeff I totally agree, don't get me wrong, it states clear as day in the rules what the rules are, I think the rule was a stuff up to begin with though, I don't see why strengthening something like a trans gear isn't a cost effective modification, the gain in performance is very very minimal to the point you probally wouldn't notice unless it was drag racing, the single biggest modification you can do to an engine other than compression and overbore is cam timing, as far as I know adj cam sprockets are allowed under u6sa are they not? You can dial an engine in for short track torque or long track horsepower with adjustable cam sprockets, a compression gauge, a degree wheel and a work bench, the engine doesn't even need to come apart, I think everyone is trying to split hairs over little things like this when the real gains are to be had with getting the most of the equipment that you actually are allowed to use

Leave a comment:

• Hyper5
    replied
    This should not even be an issue. "NO" means no and "Stock" means stock there is nothing to question or interpret. Polishing - no. Grinding or lightning - no, not sure what is left to be determined. Stop trying to pick out engine builders and maybe look at who you are using and know what's in your engine before throwing stones.

Leave a comment:

• jeff 17
    replied
    AussieQ73
    It's not about that at all, why after 5years and rules that state we are locked why do we need clarification of something that is so blatantly clear. Obliviously the "committee" is missing the point. We are currently on the edge of several track's abandoning the rules body we live by, but yet we continue to destroy ourselves? As a former car owner and now an active car chief I am definitely not clear on why every year we continue to travel down the same road of destruction.

Leave a comment:

• AussieQ73
    replied
    All rules aside for a second, what is wrong with treating the trans gears for strength and longevity? Is this not about cost? Treating the gears will help strengthen the gears and ultimately save you money, what happens when you break 3rd gear and it wipes out your oil pump chain and you are left on the infield with the engine running trying to select gears and thinking WTF is going on I only have a box full of neutrals??? Meanwhile the engine is getting destroyed by no oil pressure? (don't laugh I seen a beginner driver go through this 2 seasons ago) and whatever you gain in a performance coating of the gears is so small it could be negated by running 1-2 psi less in the rear tyres (more rolling resistance) if you make people run parts that will break then the whole principle of cheaper racing is out the window after the 1st failure

Leave a comment:

• BWeb17
    replied
    It looks like they only clarified the rule nothing has changed.
    Spar has advertised Cryogenic treatment for years.

Leave a comment:

• dirttrackracer
    replied
    Why can one engine builder offer to cryogenic your tranny and then when this other process comes up it is now an issue. How can you say no to polishing gears when there is no way to prove that cryogenic process isn't done. You can't say no to one and have no way to detect the other. just another way certain people are trying to control the class while others including themselves are running wild

Leave a comment:

Working...
X