The PA 600 Championship Racing series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PA 600 Championship Racing series

I think there needs to be a series that is aligned completely with the association. maybe something similar to a traveling series like the allstars or outlaws. this series would have a points fund and would march lockstep with the association. the series could have it's own safety and tech people (if needed). i for one would help sponsor and commit to such a series 2-3 races a month. what do you think? it would take alot of these issues away from the responsibility of the track and put it in the hands of the people that it is important to
    Last edited by Jason M.; 10-16-2008, 11:38 AM. Reason: poster requested
    Wayne Lesher

I think this is a great idea. I would be into traveling around instead of racing at one track all the time. Dan and Trip do a good job with speedweek, maybe they can take this on too !!!

Comment

A Wonderful Idea!

Comment

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
        Last edited by wayne lesher; 08-31-2008, 05:25 PM. Reason: don't know what i was thinking!?!?
        Wayne Lesher

Comment

That sounds good. Just dont limit yourself to 6 races. I say at least go for 10-12 races from April-September. Also you got to pick one or another, pill-draw or qualifying. You cant switch back and forth, it will only cause confusion and hard feelings. Also to control costs make sure you spell out everything in the rules. Another thing is tires, spec tire rule would be good but allow two compounds. Also make a rule you are only allowed to use two right-rears an event, unless you have tire failure.

Comment

yes lets do it

think it would be great for the ones who like to travel and it would alot of fun racing different tracks

yes lets do it

Comment

I am going to work on this over the fall and winter. i have a points pay structure and will be soliciting sponsorship and talking to tracks to see if i can pull this off. Anyone that would like to sponsor this series please feel free to contact me anytime 717-226-4933 wlesher@nmax.net. the points fund will total $11,500.00 minium and that is what i am looking to finance at this point. Paying 15 positions. The race payouts will be based on car counts similar to 08 speedweek payouts. The format is going to consist of 6 races around the 09 speedweek and holidays.Will post more info as it becomes available...........Thank You.......Wayne Lesher
              Wayne Lesher

Comment

Working...
              X